You’ve been there before. You remarket on Facebook but you have to use third-parties such as AdRoll to implement your pixels. You ask, “Why can’t Facebook have their own pixel just like Google AdWords?”
Facebook’s Website Custom Audience is now available through your Facebook PMD Agency! Clickable is testing the Website Custom Audience with some clients and is seeing great results.
Website Custom Audience allows you to deliver targeted Facebook ads to people who visited your website or used your mobile app.
Here are the 7 simple steps your PMD Agency can implement when operating Custom Audience Retargeting:
- Place the Facebook container pixel in the header or footer on your website (or mobile app) so that it will trigger on each page view. Leverage the pixel to record user events and pass additional data (i.e. product, geo-location, value, etc.). Piggybacking on top of another pixel is supported, however we have found that direct placement provides better performance.
- Create the ad campaign just like a regular Facebook Ad.
- Set the placement of ads. Facebook ads can be placed on the Right Hand side of Newsfeed, Desktop Newsfeed, and/or Mobile Newsfeed. We are big believers in Mobile Newsfeed optimization for websites and apps. We encourage Desktop Newsfeed and Right Hand side for websites that are not yet optimized for mobile users.
- Target on difference browsers and different devices. This is an enhancement over traditional exchange-based audience targeting techniques. iOS is still the leader in online transactional conversions, but Android and Microsoft are capturing market share.
- Add multiple layers of targeting to your Custom Audience Campaigns. Since the quantity of Custom Audience targets will be only a fraction of the entire Facebook population, you almost cannot overdo adding additional targets. In fact, we typically see that companies want to test small audience segments, were are results prove that larger audience segments can grow conversions substantially.
- Set the bid price using optimized CPM (oCPM) with the Facebook conversion pixel and/or Facebook SDK. You will expect to bid more for your Website Custom Audience visitors and users; however, this slightly higher price is offset by the fact that remarketed users have familiarity with your brand, a higher intent to buy and a higher likelihood to convert con your call to action. The overall cost per acquisition should improve with testing on the Facebook Exchange (FBX).
- Run the campaigns and monitor them with day parting and other usual Facebook ad optimization tactics. Your PMD should be well versed in several optimization tactics.
Website Custom Audience was built to drive performance objectives based on signals from your websites. It has been shown to be effective for campaigns driving offsite conversions and leads primarily.
For instance, a fine chocolates retailer could reach people who started browsing chocolates on its website but didn’t make a purchase. Through Website Custom Audiences, the company can reach these people via desktop News Feed and encourage them to finish the purchase online. Or, a mobile travel app can deliver ads to people who have downloaded their app but haven’t used it in a while and encourage them to book getaways within the app.
Website Custom Audience is available starting today. There is a limit of 10 clients per PMD agency. Contact your PMD agency or Clickable for more information. Or, click on “Request a Demo” on the top menu and fill out the form.
Clickable is a managed Social and Search ad agency using proprietary analytics and technology. Ask us about our data analytics dashboards across your owned, earned, and paid properties on Facebook, Google Plus, Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, Pinterest, Foursquare, Vimeo, Tumblr, Weibo, VKontakte, Mixi, RenRen, QQ, Naver and Youku. We have offices in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles.