Our Bing Ads PPC Areas of Focus/Methodologies for Agencies:
- Tracking- Basic analytics tracking and conversion tracking codes for PPC will be provided, and can be installed by Clickable as needed. Proper tracking is essential to our success and we will work with your team to ensure it is accurate. We will want to specifically monitor all relevant conversion points, which should include a lead generation form and a newsletter sign up form.
- Keyword Selection- Keyword selection is key to the success of any PPC Campaign. We believe in a very comprehensive long-tailed keyword approach, as it has a positive effect in both reducing costs per click and increasing relevance. The more general terms will need to be bid slightly lower since the conversion rates will be lower.
- Competitors- We also propose specifically targeting competitors’ names as keywords. Branding is very strong in your vertical market, and any time we have a competitive advantage, we want to target the competitor’s name for highly relevant clicks. For this practice to be effective, we will need well-composed ads and high quality landing pages.
- Quality Scores- Since high quality scores are so vital to the success of the account, we regularly review quality scores and restructure campaigns with that in mind. We anticipate having dedicated search, display network and remarketing campaigns. We anticipate that each of the search and display campaigns will have dozens of ad groups of tightly knit keywords for optimal quality scores.
- PPC Match Types- We recommend focusing on more exacting match types. For the most part, we can avoid broad matched keywords, except where a keyword has proven to have exceptionally low conversion costs. We will instead focus on modified broad matched keywords, phrase matched keywords, and exact matched keywords, with higher bids on the more exacting match type. We will be able to accomplish several things with this methodology. First, we will be better able to micromanage bids, since the exact matched keywords are likely to convert better than the broad matched keywords, and deserve more aggressive bids. More importantly, when Bing sees that a keyword is present three or four times in different variation in an ad group, the relevancy between the keywords goes way up. That tends to lead to higher quality scores, which in turn lowers our CPCs.
- Negative Keywords- Negative keywords block traffic that is triggered by your keywords, but not truly traffic you want coming to your website. We will have a significant number of negative keywords that we have identified from previous clients in your industry that we can incorporate into your account. Ongoing reviews of search queries and the addition of negative keywords are part of our standard operating procedures.
- Bid Adjustments- We will utilize our proprietary bid management software and expertise in a manner that allows us to bid specifically on the keywords and websites that best reach the campaign’s target audience for the most cost-effective rates. As a general rule, we found that positions two and three are often the most cost-effective, but we will treat each keyword individually and use our tools to push them to the optimal positions.
- Managing by Devices- With the advent of Bing enhanced campaigns, the mobile marketplace has changed. While mobile traffic is a sizable segment of the online marketplace, it tends to convert at a lower rate. We will adjust to this conversion rate in two ways. Click-to-call conversions from mobile devices are often the preferred method of converting, so we will definitely want to incorporate click-to-call into our strategies. Secondly, we typically recommend bidding down on our mobile bids, and our experience indicates that a reduction of 10 to 15 percent in your marketplace is a good starting point, although you may have internal data that further refines this figure.
- Time of Day/Day of Week Adjustments- While it is appropriate to run the campaigns 24/7, it is important to adjust bids by time of day and day of the week. It is best to adjust bids by the time of day, so that we are only paying what a click is truly worth, being more aggressive when the best traffic is available and saving money during the off times. There are smaller adjustments to be made by day of the week. Again, we can pull on our experience in your industry, or you may have internal data that further refines these adjustments.
- Ad Creation- Getting the messaging right is a big key to successful PPC marketing. We have seen such messaging have profound effects on both click-through rates and conversion rates, which is one of the reasons we emphasize such a high level of client interaction when creating campaigns. We will incorporate your messaging with our standard best practices regarding ad copy to create effective, compelling ads. This is true for both text and image ads. We can either utilize existing image ads that you have created, or create new and unique ads with images that you provide us. Part of getting the messaging right is making sure that we are using proven images from your inventory.
- Ad Variations- Clickable recommends split testing a variety of ad variations. We will create a series of highly optimized ads, and will continually split test them against one another. We will also incorporate ad extensions into every ad group and optimize them as well, in an effort to improve click-through rates.
- Display Network- Initially, we recommend not devoting more than 10 to 15 percent of the PPC budget to the display networks. This network targets people who are researching information on websites that are relevant to your industry, but we project the traffic quality there to be much lower than in the search networks. However, the click cost in the display networks, which we predict will be a fraction as much as the search networks, is low enough that we believe this can be a small source of cost-effective traffic. In particular, we want to focus on remarketing (see below). If the data proves otherwise, we will enlarge the budgets for these campaigns and expand the display networks.
- Remarketing- We believe that “remarketing” (sometimes called “retargeting”) will be a vital component to the success of your digital marketing efforts. Here is a brief explanation. With the exception of those few people who have cookies disabled on their computer, a cookie can be placed on the computer of any website visitor. It doesn’t matter how they arrived on the website. Those people can then be targeted with low cost ads and visit different sites online. This scenario is typically very cost-effective and can turn a one-time visitor into a customer, essentially multiplying our efforts towards target clientele.
Contact us by filling out the form on the right!